A community of Australian mums.

New Warning For Parents To Keep Chargers Away From Babies

Technology is a part of our life, whether we like it or not. While parents are resolute in ensuring children have screen-free time, there is no doubt our children are growing up in a world where mobile phones, iPads and laptops are seen as a normal possession.

With that mindset, it’s important for parents to be aware of the hidden dangers of having technology available within little hands reach. Especially after reports of a baby who electrocuted themselves after chewing through wires attached to a charger.

The terribly heartbreaking story came from Kazakhstan. A mum decided to have a nap with her baby next to her and when she woke up she wondered why her little one was so quiet. When the mother realized her baby had no pulse and was not breathing, she rushed her to hospital but the doctors declared the baby had passed away.

The baby died after chewing threw a charging phone cord.

A photo was taken of the little girl’s hands by one of the nurses at the hospital, which reveal the burn marks from the exposed wires when the baby was electrocuted. We’ve chosen not to show these images out of respect.

The tragic accident has prompted a worldwide warning to parents to never leave chargers in reach of young children.

If a device needs to be charged, ensure the charger and the cord are well away from the reach of young children and babies.

keep chargers away from babies

Always check the cord is in good working condition and doesn’t have exposed wires.

The photo of the burned baby’s hand and arms has gone viral with a warning, “do not leave your babies unattended with chargers.”

The terrible accident has served as a reminder to parents to be vigilant in not leaving babies or young children unsupervised around electrical items that require to be charged.

At this stage it is not known if police are investigating the incident, but we send our condolences to the mum who experienced this heartbreaking accident.

Rebecca Senyard

Rebecca Senyard is a plumber by day and stylist by night but these days she changes more nappies than washers. She is a happily married mum to three young daughters who she styles on a regular basis. Rebecca is not only an award winning plumber, she also writes an award winning blog called The Plumbette where she shares her life experiences as a plumber and mother. Rebecca also blogs at Styled by Bec believing a girl can be both practical and stylish. Links to the blogs are http://www.theplumbette.com.au and http://www.styledbybec.com.au/blog

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Pin It on Pinterest

Share This